Protect yourself and co-workers from the hazards of working in cold weather conditions called Cold Stress! Understanding the effects of the wind, temperature, and wind chill are vital to preventing bodily harm such as trench foot, hypothermia, frostbite, and windburn.
The learner will be able to:
- implement safe work practices
- assess risk factors that increase the health effects of cold exposure
- recognize signs and symptoms of frostbite
- recognize signs and symptoms of hypothermia
- understand appropriate first aid treatment, including rewarming procedures
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).