Are you interested in a career that offers diverse opportunities, hands-on experiences, and the chance to build a tangible impact on the world? Look no further than the construction industry. This course serves as your gateway to understanding the construction sector’s major sectors, occupations, and the multitude of career possibilities it offers.
Who should take this course:
Job seekers seeking opportunities in the construction sector, students aspiring to enter construction-related fields, career changers looking to transition into the industry, and individuals with a general interest in the dynamic and rewarding world of construction. Whether you’re starting your career journey, considering a shift, pursuing education, or simply curious about construction, this course offers valuable insights to all.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the construction industry.
- Describe the THREE major sectors in the construction industry: Tradespersons, General Contractors, and Specialized Trades Groups.
- List the different professional opportunities available in the construction industry.
- Make an informed career choice in the construction industry.
- Outline the benefits of working in the construction industry.
- Explain how to obtain the required qualifications and licensing to work in the construction industry.
- Describe how to start a career in the construction industry by way of an apprenticeship.
Self-Directed Online study via 24×7 access to individual learner account on user friendly LMS.
Accessible on laptop, desktop, and mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play)
Minimum 80% score is required on the Final Assessment to receive Completion Certificate.
A digital Certificate of Completion is generated and stored within the LMS platform. PDF version is available to download and print.
Duration: Approximately 15 minutes
Prerequisites: There are no specific prerequisites for this course.