This online course addresses the training requirements for the proper use of personal protective equipment on construction sites in Ontario.
In Ontario, construction projects are regulated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Ontario Regulation 231/91: (reference e-law). Within the Act and Regulations, there are several pieces of legislation that mandate personal protective (PPE) use while working on a construction site.
- Describe the hierarchy of controls as it relates to personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify types of personal protective equipment utilized in the general industry.
- Recognize personal protective equipment training requirements.
- Explain employer responsibilities regarding personal protective equipment.
- Explain employee responsibilities regarding personal protective equipment.
Field Level Competency:
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).