Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) deﬁnes a supervisor as anyone who “has charge of a workplace or authority over a worker.” This training is designed to help you understand what the OHSA expects from you. These are things you need to know and understand so that you and the people you supervise can be healthy and safe at work today and every day.
- Describe why they are needed and where they ﬁt in the internal responsibility system by describing the health and safety roles and responsibilities of the employer, supervisor and worker
- Know that they are required to support the three core rights of workers
- Know that they should incorporate and communicate about the recognition, • assessment, control and evaluation of hazards when they are planning and organizing work
- Understand they and the employer are responsible for handling health and safety hazards/concerns as they arise and the steps to take to ensure workers are safe
- Know what they should do if something goes wrong
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).