This online course addresses the training requirements for Fire Prevention and Fire Safety and worksites in Ontario. In Ontario, construction projects are regulated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ontario Regulation 213/91: (reference e-law). O. Reg. 213/91, s. 52 (3). to O. Reg. 213/91, s. 58. Make direct reference to Fire Safety in the Workplace and are required to be followed along with all regulations outlined in the Ontario Fire Code and Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997.
- Identify the legal requirements and duties in the workplace according to the Ontario Fire Code and Section 213/07 of the OHSA Regulation.
- Identify the stages of a fire.
- Describe the different classes of fires and identify types of fire extinguishers.
- Identify elements of fire protection, including proper hazard assessments and fire safety plans.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the P.A.S.S. Technique to extinguish a fire.
- Explain the requirements for evacuation and emergency procedures.
Field Level Competency:
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).