This training is designed to educate workers in Ontario. Construction projects are regulated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ontario Regulation 213/91: (reference e-law). Legal requirements for material handling storage work in Ontario are under subsection 37 (1) of O. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects, employers and constructors must make sure that material or equipment at a project is stored or moved in a manner that does not endanger a worker.
- Recognize the importance of manual materials handling safety.
- Identify risk factors and the process of hazard management.
- Demonstrate how to prevent injury while manually handling material.
- Explain when to use mechanical aids.
- Outline the requirements for building a material handling and storage safety system.
Field Level Competency:
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).