This training is designed to educate workers in Ontario. Construction projects are regulated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ontario Regulation 213/91:(reference e-law). Legal requirements for material handling and storage work in Ontario are under subsection 37 (1) of O. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects, employers and constructors must make sure that material or equipment at a project is stored or moved in a manner that does not endanger a worker.
- Describe your legal requirements as a supervisor concerning due diligence and record keeping.
- Identify the importance of a daily construction and maintenance log.
- Summarize the benefits of keeping a daily construction and maintenance log.
- Determine what should be captured in the daily log.
- Increase the credibility of your notes in case of arbitration or litigation – a hard-bound log is a legal document.
Field Level Competency:
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).