Injuries are common in the workplace. In this course, you will examine and understand various situations that lead to the development of Work Ergonomics – Musculoskeletal (injuries related to muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and nerves) and implement best practices and techniques to protect yourself and others from injury.
- What are MSDs?
- Understanding MSD risks and hazards
- Controlling MSDs
- Signs and Stags of MSDs
- Preventative Measures
- Preventing Bodily Injuries
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Define and recognize activities and movements that lead to the development of MSDs.
- Distinguish stages and symptoms to identify when someone is affected by MSDs.
- Apply best practices in the workplace to prevent MSDs.
- Identify and understand assessing risks and the hierarchy of controls to prevent MSDs.
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).